3 - Update - Six Lessons Already!!!???



Wow, where did the time go!!!?

In my last post I talked about teaching my first two lessons. I also mentioned that I had not actually signed any students up (but I was "hopeful")...

Well now I have taught SIX classes of Wing Chun Kung Fu!!!

AND...

I have got three students!!!

Teaching

The teaching is going really well! I still get a little bit nervous a few hours before the classes but once the time gets nearer I calm down and start getting excited. And once I get into the teaching I am absolutely loving it!

Of course I am still making mistakes and for sure I can get a lot better at this. The point is that I am putting myself out there and trying my best.

The best way to improve at anything is to get out there and make mistakes. Waiting for the "perfect moment" is just unrealistic.

My instructor has been keeping a watchful eye over me and has been REALLY helpful. Most of the feedback I am getting is really positive.

In fact, my first two students are ready to take their 1st Grade already!

Schools

Currently I am running Wing Chun International Solihull and soon I hope to take over Wing Chun International Coventry.

WCI Coventry has already got an established children's class. I am currently learning the Children's Curriculum so once that part of my training is complete hopefully we can do the handover.

At that point I will open Children's Kung Fu in Solihull too!

My Wing Chun Kung Fu


2017 was a bad year for my own training. I lost 3+ months due to having some major surgery. I also lost another couple of months working on other "things".

I am back up to speed now. I need to push on from here though and move forward.

I will do this by joining in extra classes (maybe at Leamington) and getting to as many Master Classes in London as I can.

Fitness & Strength


My own levels of fitness and strength are lower than I would like. Six or seven years ago I was in pretty good shape, especially when I was training for Taekwondo competitions.

I want to get back to those levels and beyond.

I am doing a small amount of basic strength training. Mostly push ups, squats and (trying) pull ups. I am using a method called Grease The Groove at the moment. This involves doing only a few reps but doing them often (sometimes several times per day) whilst trying to keep perfect form.

I am going to do some light kettlebell training soon too.

For my fitness/cardio training I will be hitting the skipping rope. My old knees are no fan of running so skipping is a great way to get the heart pumping! I hit the jump rope the other night for 10 minutes and I was blowing like crazy!!!


That's it for this update. I will talk a bit more about my fitness and strength training next time and by then hopefully I will be THE instructor for WCI Coventry!

Thanks for reading!

Chris.